Top 10 Benefits of getting a Pedicure
1. Appearance! Having nice groomed, polished toes is always nice and can make you feel sexy and sleek when wearing a nice pair of opened toed heels or sandals.
2. Dry skin! Your therapist is able to scrub and exfoliate your feet to help soften and scrape off dead dry skin especially around the heel and big toe area. However for more severe cases of painful cracked heels your therapist may refer you to a Podiatrist who are qualified to use cutting implements to treat such foot disorders.
3. Skin or Nail Conditions! Your therapist should be able to recognize a skin or nail condition, disorder or infection while washing your feet. Then would be able to refer you to a doctor or podiatrist so you can get the correct medical attention your feet or nails need.
4. Nail Health! Buffing your nails doesn’t just make them look nice and shiny but is also important to stimulate blood flow to the area. Blood carries nutrients which are vital for nail health and growth. Although we clip our nails short, good nail growth can be a sign of good nail health.
5. Relaxation! Pedicures can include massage and getting your legs and feet massaged can be a great way to relax, release tension and de-stress. And we all know how important it is for oneself to take some time out some times and regular de-stressing is vital for your health.
6. Lymphatic and Blood Flow! Another benefit from massage is stimulating blood and lymph flow. Your body has lymph nodes all over which are the tiny factories that help process and clean the toxins from your lymphatic fluid (lymph) into the blood which then gets taken back through the veins to the heart to get cleaned. Lymph nodes are also known as glands which in our legs are situated behind our knees. Also in our armpits and near our jaw and when these get overloaded with toxins they can swell and feel tender. Therefore leg massage can help our lymph to flow more easily up to our knees for better and more efficient drainage. Drinking a glass of water after massage is also helpful as it helps to flush these toxins out of the body which then gets expelled through our urine.
7. Cuticles! Over grown dead cuticle can make your nails and feet look dry and untidy. Your therapist push back your cuticles and gently scrape off any dead cuticle off your nail plate which in turn leaves your nail plate tidy and clean ready for your nail lacquer to go on.
8. Silky Smooth Feet! Most therapists will also use a good moisturizer on your feet and use a cuticle oil to condition your cuticles and toes leaving your feet feeling silky smooth.
9. Colors! Nail lacquers are fun and there are loads of colors to play with. With colors to fit any season or any occasion, your therapist will also use a base coat to protect your nail plate from getting stained. A top coat will also be used to help lock in your color and help the lacquer last longer.
10. Feel Good! One of the most important benefits in my opinion is the feel good factor. Its amazing how your feet when treated can make you feel SO good about yourself and give a real confidence boost, along with feeling relaxed, clean and pampered of course. I perform pedicures on clients every week and love seeing the confidence and smiles it brings to their faces! It makes working on feet worth it!! And remember all of this doesn’t just stop at feet. These 10 benefits are just as good for a relaxing (hand) manicure too.
To feel good with a pedicure and reconnect with your inner beauty, book an appointment at Hands and Soul Holistic Spa today.